Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello World

Its been a while since I created this blog in a moment of inspiration. I had forgotten it entirely and happened to 'stumble upon' it somehow today. So, its better I start writing something, isn't it?

As the subtitle says, it was created as 'an attempt to relive some of the most eventful days of my life so far'. The aim was to jot down some moments of my 2 years of life in IIT Delhi that I'll want to remember. However, it was such a Herculean task that almost everytime I thought of penning something down, I was overwhelmed by the fact that I can write about almost everyday I've spent so far in these 2 years. That would have required a dedication that may even make my JEE preparation days look like fun. Besides, the monotonous summer vacations, with apparently no motivation to do anything except to catch up with lost sleep, coupled with the worst summer season I've ever seen, ensured that things like blogging would have to wait a bit more.

Anyways, in yet another such moment that led to the birth of this blog, I ended up making my first ever own official web page exceeding more than a couple of lines yesterday night. However, that also resulted in yet another sleepless Thursday night/Friday morning, after last Friday's early morning adventure that led me to 'discover' a nice little forest in my hostel's backyard and explore the natural beauty of the campus. So, after lying idle in the bed for a while, I decided to pick up Dan Brown's Angels and Demons to force myself to sleep with its plots isomorphic to almost all of his other novels. The trick apparently worked, as I was snoring half an hour later :)
So, now I have decided to first focus on some of the events of this boring summers and carry it forward with some random recollections of 'arbit' events of the last 2 years, if I ever again get motivated enough somehow. Till then, just be satisfied with my 'Hello World' to the universe of blogging...

4 comments:

  1. huh! I too started to read Angels and Demons(for the second time) today, to pass this weekend and to kill some time...
    btw , it was fitting that blog started with "Hello World" post , the two words that are embedded in every computer science guy's life...
    Nice post , and yes , Welcome to Blogoshpere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur blog is for serious type guys like u n sandeep, absolutely not for dumb kids like me

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sandeep: Is Angels and Demons really worth reading twice? Btw, thanx for my first comment :)
    @Appu: I don't think there's anything in this that a supposedly 'dumb' kid can't get

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Rome on my third weekend here, and saw many of the things mentioned in the book ..
    So reading it to recreate the same feeling ..:D

    ReplyDelete